But, sometimes its good to venture off the beaten path of knowledge. To shake things up a bit. I did so with my book FATAL IMPACT. I know medicine, but had to read extensively on quantum physics to create the plot.
So, what do you do to shake off the cobwebs or pull your wagon wheel out of the rut?
Here are a few suggestions to help pull you out of your comfort zone:
· Take a night class at your local community college in a course that has never held your interest
· Wear a color you simply abhor. For me it would be pink.
· If you're a movie freak go see a play, or better yet, a musical.
· If you the quiet type, take a road trip with the radio cranked all the way up and sing along at the top of your voice
· If you're a rocker wannabe always playing the air guitar, sit quietly in a park for an hour.
· If you're a cat person volunteer at an animal shelter and work only with the dogs. Of course if you're a dog person, vice versa.
· Go skinny-dipping.
Go ahead try one or more. It may be just the thing to get you out of your comfort zone, to start writing what you don't know.
Who knows? It could set you on the path to become more creative; more well rounded than you ever thought possible.